Summer 2019 is slowly approaching and everyone is planning their summer activities.
One of the most fun and popular activities to do this summer is going camping. Camping allows you to spend quality time with friends or family. However, if it is your first time or you’re an experienced camper, we’ve got the ultimate camping checklist for you to be prepared.
1. Tent - you want to make sure you’re bringing a tent or some kind of item to shelter yourself with.
2. Sleeping bag/blankets/pillows - if you’re staying overnight, you want to make sure you come prepared with any sleeping materials. Even on hot summer days, the nights may be cool and windy.
3. Coolers - coolers are important to bring all your drinking and food materials. Since you don’t have accessibility to heat and electricity, bringing cold food such as sandwiches, salads, or fruit is essential. You want to make sure you have a cooler with plenty of food and ice.
4. Clothing - not many people think about the clothing they bring. This is just as important as what products and items you bring along with you.
You want to make sure you are wearing loose and airy clothing that still covers your body. Since you’re camping, you want to avoid exposing your skin to bug bites and other plants that may cause an allergic reaction.
5. Sunscreen - even if you’re camping under trees, it is always a good idea to cover yourself with sunscreen. The sun’s rays are capable of reflecting and may cause you to have a sunburn.
6. Tablecloth - you might not be able to bring an entire table with you camping, but you can bring a tablecloth. Bring a tablecloth where you can lay out your food items and have a picnic.
7. Portable Trash Can - as opposed to a regular trash bin which is heavy and inconvenient to carry, a portable trash can is a better alternative. It allows you to tie your trash bag over it, and makes it easy to contain any trash you dispose of during your trip, without having to touch a dirty garbage bag.
8. First Aid Kit - a first aid kit is essential if you’re going out into the wilderness. You never know what might happen and it is always better to be safe than sorry.
9. Sanitizing Wipes/napkins - sanitizing wipes and napkins are one of the most underrated items. Since you are camping, the chances of a sink nearby to wash items or your hands off is unlikely. Carrying sanitizing wipes and/or napkins is useful to sanitize items and prevent yourself from getting sick off bacteria.
10. Water - you want to make sure you bring plenty of water. You will need water for drinking as well as cleaning purposes. It is always better to bring excess water and have leftover, instead of running short on water.